Thursday 9 August 2012

Creature Feature:Carnosaur

So in 1993 Jurassic Park came out and I was nine and my sister took me to see it on the big screen. For a boy of my age it was like being at fucking Woodstock....it was a movie with dinosaurs! There was other kiddie flicks that had bad dinosuar suits and shit but nothing ever came close bar one flick that my dad let me rent and buy christ I was glad my father didnt give a shit what I watched.

Made of a shoe string budget this mockbuster was Roger Corman in the wake of the Jurassic Park Hype to Cash in. The story is loosely(( and I really fucking mean loosely)) on Josh Brosnans book of the same name.

The story is kinda of a mess but ill try and give you the bare bones. Set in some poe-dung town of the south west were introduced to our hero Doc a drunk night watchemn((yes you know your on to a good start when your hero a pissed watchmen)) who job it is to guard industrail machinery from pesky tree-hugging kids one of whom he "Befriend" ((theres a courtcase in there somewhere)) called I shit you not THRUSH.
Meanwhile in some fucking lab a scientest Dr. Jane Tiptree (Diane Ladd whos the mom of the chick in jurassic park) is faffing around with reptile DNA to make dinosuars and get this injecting them into chicken eggs...why? who fucking knows. One of her beasties ecapes and slaughters those peskey kids and Ron Howards creepy brother (its cant be that bad so). The sheriff manages to bring it down but being the only black guy in this movie has his ticket punched anyway. Our heros try to stop the doctor and she releases her prize T-rex to stop them. ((right now im looking over why what im typing and reliseing I still have to sell you this block shit...so here I go))

Why do I like this pile of Dino doo-doo! Threes reasons.

(1) Its Dino-violance. Sure Jurassic park had dinosaurs attacking people but it wasnt a gory affair which bothered me in later years, I mean if your attacked buy an animal its going to be a fucking mess. This monsters were savage. A young girl who chained herself to a digger in a protest has her leg torn off like a chicken drumstick buy a dinosuar in a gory fashion, Clint Howards death is amazeing and you get to see what a shotgun would do to a pissed off dinosaur...which in other movies would be like "Bullits wont stop it"

(2) T-Rex vs Bulldozers. Right being a big Aliens fan I know this is a knock off but shit its a fucking T-rex vs building machinery. I mean come on it is pretty sweet!

(3) The ending. Im not going to give it away but its darker then a November night.

So you want jurassic parks cheap-sleazy sister then I suggest you check out Carnosaur...even for Clints death it worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment